…AND THOSE WITH ASTRA ZENECA DOUBLE DOSE VACCINES MAY NOT BE COVERED
ANOTHER REASON TESTING FOR ANTIBODIES IS NEEDED AND NOT LOCKDOWN
is the answer says the Radical
UK in talks with AstraZeneca for modified Covid-19 vaccine to tackle South African variant – British Health Secretary
The British government previously ordered some 100 million doses of the Anglo-Swedish jab, which was developed in partnership with the University of Oxford.
In a speech at the university’s Jenner Institute on Wednesday, Hancock said the government was now looking at procuring new vaccines that specifically target variants of concern.
“I can tell you today that we have started commercial negotiations with AstraZeneca to secure a variant vaccine – future supplies of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine that have been adapted to tackle the B.1.351 variant first identified in South Africa,” he said.
ALSO ON RT.COMSouth Africa in talks with African Union to buy 10 million Covid vaccines after initial AstraZeneca order proves ‘disappointing’In December last year, South African health officials announced they had detected the B.1.351 variant, which was recently renamed ‘Beta’ by the World Health Organization to remove stigma around its name.
The variant spread rapidly to become the dominant strain of the virus across the country before being detected in more than 20 other nations. Scientists found that a mutation called N501Y in the variant’s spike protein makes it more transmissible.
Another mutation known as E484K also means the variant can more easily evade a person’s immune system and makes the virus potentially more resistant to the effects of vaccines.
ALSO ON RT.COMSouth Africa to share 1 million AstraZeneca Covid vaccine doses with continent as study says jab ineffective against local variantIn February, the South African government announced it was halting its scheduled rollout of AstraZeneca’s vaccine after a local study of 2,000 people found the jab was less than 25% effective against the virus. The country had received 1 million doses of the vaccine and had planned to start vaccinating health workers.
Another trial of 750 people published in the New England Journal of Medicine in March found AstraZeneca’s vaccine to be only 10.4% effective against mild to moderate infections caused by B.1.351.
South Africa has since sold its 1 million AstraZeneca doses to other members of the African Union group of countries.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- WITH GUINEA PIGS THE PROBLEM IS IF YOU PICK THEM UP BY THEIR TAILS THEIR EYES DROP OUT – THIS COULD BE THE SAME WITH A COCKTAIL OF VACCINES
- ANOTHER GLOSSED OVER POLITICAL COCKEYED DECISION BY MATT THE MORON –BASED NOT ON SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE ABOUT WHETHER THE VACCINE WILL IN FACT PROTECT PATIENTS BUT GIVE THEM AN IMMUNITY THROUGH A MEASURED AMOUNT OF ANTIBODIES –
- READ THE SMALL PRINT BEFORE THEY STICK A NEEDLE INTO YOU – THE TORY GOVERNMENT WANT TO WASH THEIR HANDS OF YOU & THE VIRUS SO THEY CAN CLAIM IMMUNITY FROM THEIR INEPTITUDE-TIERS ARE TEARS AS DEATHS MOUNT & THEY KNOW THE PLANS ARE CODSWALLOP
- The race for the Covid-19 vaccine – how do Pfizer, Moderna, and Oxford compare?
- FAKE NEWS – GPs ‘still told to throw away Covid vaccines’,
- CHINA HAS A PEOPLE’S NON PROFIT MAKING VACCINE – IT IS TAKING EXTREME CARE OVER