If you were born on or before 5 October 1954 you could get between £100 and £300 to help you pay your heating bills. This is known as a ‘Winter Fuel Payment’.
You usually get a Winter Fuel Payment automatically if you are eligible and you get the State Pension or another social security benefit (not Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit or Universal Credit).
If you’re eligible but do not get paid automatically, you will need to make a claim.
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
The deadline for claiming payments for winter 2020 to 2021 is 31 March 2021.
Most payments are made automatically between November and December. You should get your money by 13 January 2021.
If you do not get your payment, contact the Winter Fuel Payment Centre.
Any money you get will not affect your other benefits.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- £25 “a MEANS TESTED welcome form of financial support during periods of very cold weather to those eligible”.HARDLY A WELCOME – MORE LIKE ONE DAY LESS BEFORE DEATH FROM COL:D
- PENSIONERS ARE ON POVERTY PAY AND HAVE BEEN ON LOCKDOWN FOR SIX MONTHS
- J.PARKER -AFTER 5 YEARS – STILL POOR VALUE FOR SERVICE
- Minister should resign over winter deaths
- Winter Fuel Payment qualifying week kicked off for certain state pensioners.
- RESIGN BITCH – FOR BRINGING THE POSITION OF POLITICAL RESONSIBILITY INTO DISRESPECT