PRINCE HARRY has warned the UK must take a “long, hard look” at itself as he discussed the progress made to achieve equality across the world.
Prince Harry insisted Britain should strive to be proud about the diverse communities making up the country in its efforts to end racism. The Duke of Sussex said people have to educate themselves about the struggles faced by minorities to help remove all remaining obstacles to full racial equality. He also warned the UK should take a “long, hard look” at itself as he noted members of minority communities are still being forced to protest to ensure they are treated equally to their white counterparts.
In an interview for GQ with Patrick Hutchinson, a Black Lives Matter demonstrator who rose to fame after he saved a counter protester’s life, Prince Harry said: “In a sort of typically British way, we need to be able to truly celebrate that diversity we pride ourselves on a global stage.
“But if there are many people that don’t feel as though things are progressing as fast as they should be, then we need to take a hard look at ourselves.
“It’s going to take every single one of us this is not a case of, ‘oh, it’s up to the Black community to help educate us, to show us the way’.”
He continued: “It’s like, ‘no, guys, there are books, there are movies, there are many educational opportunities out there.’
Prince Harry said Britain would have to take a “long, hard look at itself” over equality
“And also there’s conversations like as much as you’re going around saying thank you and please and opening doors, engage in a conversation.
“Say thanks very much because not many people do that these days.”
The Duke of Sussex also admitted his marriage to Meghan Markle allowed him to open his eyes about the concept of unconscious racial bias.
Prince Harry said his “education and upbringing” had shielded him from fully understanding the daily struggle minorities experience across the world.
Prince Harry was in a joint interview with BLM protester Patrick Hutshinson
“I had no idea it existed. And then, sad as it is to say, it took me many, many years to realise it, especially then living a day or a week in my wife’s shoes.”
Prince Harry credited Meghan Markle with opening his eyes about unbiased racism
“You can’t really point fingers, especially when it comes to unconscious bias.
“But once you realise or you feel a little bit uncomfortable, then the onus is on you to go out and educate yourself because ignorance is no longer an excuse.”
Since stepping down as senior royals in March, both the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have engaged in very frank discussions about the importance of calling out racist behaviour to help society progress past inequality.
The couple expressed their support for the Black Lives Matter movement that experienced a renaissance following the death of George Floyd in the United States in May.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- CROWN PROPERTIES BELONG TO THE PEOPLE – AND WOULD PAY FOR THE COVID PANDEMIC TWICE OVER
- LIFE MEANS LIFE THE ROYAL NEW BOY THE TAX PAYERS MUST SERVE – ALL NOISE AT ONE END AND NO SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY AT THE OTHER
- SHOULD MEGAN MARKLE STAND FOR PM ? WITH HARRY WINDSOR AS HER AGENT ? – YES OF COURSE SHE WOULD BLOW MORE THAN A FEW COBWEBS AWAY AND DISCOVER WHAT THE RULING CLASSES ARE REALLY MADE OF – SHIT SERVED UP AS SOCIETY – BUT WITH AN ALL LIVES MATTER MANIFESTO .
- NOT KING CHARLES III ? – AFTER THE CHARLES, DIANA & CAMILLA SCANDAL & NOT KING WILLIE THE FIFTH EITHER – SO LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE ! WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE AS PRESIDENT OF THE UK – DAVID ATTENBOROUGH ?
- Here is a man learning what an honest job is – They should all return so he can become a Farmers boy
- NOT COMING DOWN TO EARTH – THE BLUE BLOODED ROYALS GET FOUND OUT