Border Force discovers 11 children inside refrigerated lorry at UK port
The group was reportedly discovered following a tip-off from a member of the public, Border Force officers searched the vehicle, finding 21 people who, according to the Home Office, ‘presented themselves as Vietnamese.’
11 of them were confirmed to be minors, the remaining 10 adults were interviewed by immigration officers. Two were subsequently deported, the rest – all thought to be in their 20s – will now be under Home Office supervision while their immigration cases progress.
The group was concealed within a shipment of sparkling water that was being transported by a Romanian national, who has been charged with assisting unlawful entry into the UK.
The suspect, named as 29-year-old Andrut Mihai Duma, is being held in custody. He is expected to appear at a hearing at Lewes Crown Court on November 26.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- BREAKING NEWS -Six arrested in alleged Bedfordshire farm modern slavery probe
- THERE IS A STRONG CASE FOR LORRY DRIVERS TO WALK HOME , FISHERMEN TO PIER OUT TO SEA , SUPPLIERS TO SUPERMARKETS TO TAKE TO THE GLASS HOUSES AND THROW STONES
- NO HUMAN IS ILLEGAL – NO CHILD IS UNEQUAL – EVERYONE HAS NATURAL RIGHTS
- MPs brand BoJo ‘liar’ as PM’s claim of 170-lorry Covid backlog at French border morphs into 1,500
- SCOTLAND HAS ITS OWN “GEORGE”- THE SCOTTISH POLICE THUGS DID IT TOO
- OH WHAT A FUCKING MESS BORIS HAS GOT BRITAIN INTO !