Palace suspends classes in Metro Manila
10:24 pm | Sunday, September 14th, 2014
MANILA, Philippines – Malacañang on Sunday night ordered the suspension of classes in all levels in Metro Manila for Monday as Typhoon “Luis’ battered northern Luzon with heavy rains and strong winds after it made landfall in Isabela province on Sunday night.
The announcement was made by Executive Secretary Ochoa through a Twitter post past 10 p.m.
Earlier in the evening, local governments announced the suspension of classes for Monday, September15, due to the typhoon.
No storm signal was raised over Metro Manila but it has been experiencing continuous rains and strong winds since early Sunday morning due to the effects the typhoon over northern Luzon.
The threat of monsoon rains and floods was the reason given by most local executives in suspending classes, adding that they do not want children to be inconvenienced by the grim weather.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Philippines-Poverty is the Disaster-Corruption & Religion the Cause
- Asia China – Death and Destruction from Typhoon Haiyan but not enough according to the World’s Press
- Typhoon Hagupit will hit the Poorest
- Keep Your Hat On – Gonzalo is Here
- Asia Philippines-4000 and still counting as Death Toll Double President Aquino’s Stated Calculations
- Britain Braces For More Stormy Weather-Economy-Debt-Imports & Balance of Payments Deficit