EVEN THOUGH THE TORIES DECIMATED THE NATIONAL RAIL SYSTEM .
A START SHOULD BE MADE, INSTEAD OF THE HS2, DEVELOPMENT
(ADVOCATED BY SOME ON THE EXTREME LEFT)
OF RO.RO STATIONS NORTH SOUTH EAST AND WEST OF THE CAPITAL
Ro-Ro stands for Roll-On, Roll-Off (or Roll In, Roll Out, depending who you ask) – trains enter the bottom end of station and exit the other end. Trains entering the station do not have to wait for trains leaving. This is great for medium amounts of traffic. Without Signals, it’s no good for high-traffic stations (e.g., stations serving factories), because once all platforms are full, the train waits at the two way signal for the platform closest to the entrance. This can lead to gridlock if the blocking train has full load orders and is waiting for another train to drop off raw material Cargo.
LEAVING THE TRACTOR BEHIND –
CONTAINERS COULD BE LOADED FOR JOURNEYS TO AND FROM MAIN CITIES
STATE CONTROLLED, THE TRACTORS WOULD BE ALLOCATED
FOR THE FINAL JOURNEY TO A WAREHOUSE OR DEPOT
GETTING HEAVY TRAFFIC OFF THE ROADS WOULD BE THE PRIORITY
SECONDLY SAVING FUEL AND HGV DRIVERS TRAVELLING TIME
ROAD SURFACES COSTS AND TRUCK WEAR AND TEAR
TRACTORS COULD BE REPLACED WITH ON ROAD/RAIL SHUNTING MACHINES –
ALLOWED TO USE BUS LANES OR SPECIAL ROADS CLOSED TO RESIDENTIAL TRAFFIC
PLANNING WOULD BE CENTRALISED FOR CONTAINER COLLECTION
FROM PRODUCING AREAS.
A NATIONAL TRANSPORT SYSTEM TO REPLACE THE CHAOS ON THE ROAD SYSTEM
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- SACK GRANT SHAPPS MINISTER OF TRANSPORT WHO COULD NOT RUN A PISS UP IN A BREWERY LET ALONE MANAGE THE NEEDS OF BRITAIN’S TRANSPORT SYSTEM
- “THICK THWACKUM” GRANT SHAPPS – RORO SOLVES THE HGV SHORTAGE
- GET FREIGHT OFF THE ROAD – RORO
- BREXIT NEEDS A NEW SOCIALIST MARKET ECONOMY BREXIT PARTY
- GRANT TO JUST GO FASTER THAN A NORTHERN RAIL TRAIN
- A PEOPLE’S BUDGET ? …..NOT WHILE THE GREEDY CAPITALISTS ARE IN CHARGE