38 % of Scots supported Brexit in the Referendum yet they are being sidelined by the Scottish SNP.
This was because both Labour and the SNP opposed Brexit. Since then both Labour and the Tories lost votes to the Nationalists.
What the result would be after Brexit was completed is anyone’s guess but Boris Johnson would be well advised to make the 38% more inclusive in the negotiation process. That applies to Wales too.
What the Countries of UK need to consider is the likely continuation of the the EU in its present form before jumping out of bed with Brexit.
The fact is that Scotland and Wales may feel more independent under Brexit than Under the EU come the 2024 General Election.
But for those who support Independence for Scotland, think again because the demise of the EU is nigh if that is what an Independent Scotland are hanging their hat on as a result of breaking away from England.
Scotland does not have and agricultural, industrial, or financial market that can support it.
It does have fishing rights and tourism but is that enough because neither sustainable under present EU rules. Both the weather and the Scots attitude to anyone other than Scots make it a tricky place to support an economy.
Scottish fish travel to England and English and Welsh tourists drive North.
We know the EU is going to make travel there more complicated and closing of the English border to Scottish fish or making English tourists pay more would be a disaster.
Let the Scots wait and see, like the pudding, as they may come to like Brexit.
And Independent UK sounds more attractive every day the EU fall out with each other.
THE SNP IS NOT A SOCIALIST PARTY EITHER.
THERE IS A STRONG CASE FOR A BRITISH BREXIT SOCIALIST MARKET ECONOMY
AND THAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR THE SCOTS TO SUPPORT
IT IS NOT A CERTAINTY THAT THE EU WANTS AN INDEPENDENT SCOTLAND THAT IS A NET RECIPIENT OF ITS FUNDS AS IT IS WITH ENGLAND
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- BORDER REIVERS RULE OK
- FICTION AND FANTASY IS REPLACING OUR FORTUNES
- UK REMOANERS TO JOIN INDEPENDENCE FOR SCOTLAND, IRELAND AND WALES – APPLY FOR EU MEMBERSHIP – LEAVING ENGLAND WITH HOME RULE ?
- HOLYROOD SCOTS THINK FOOD COMES FROM SUPERMARKETS AND ENGLISH COUNTRY GARDENS & EUROPE
- Tory MP slammed by her own party after criticising Richard Leonard for not having a Scottish accent
- IF TEN PEOPLE DIED ON THE ROAD YESTERDAY IT WOULD BE CLAIMED AS CARNAGE – NOTE THEY ARE STILL DYING OF COVID 19 IN THE NORTH EAST – NUMBERS EXCLUDE THE COMMUNITY