Priti Patel news – live: Boris Johnson refuses to sack home secretary as bullying report partly released
Follow the latest updates
Sir Alex Allan, the author of the now-partially-published report, concluded that instances of her past behaviour in the Home Office “would meet the definition of bullying” but could have been “unintentional”.
“My advice is that the home secretary has not always met the high standards of the code in treating civil servants with respect,” he said.
Mr Johnson, however, announced on Friday that he believed Ms Patel had not breached the ministerial code and that he considered the matter closed.
Sir Allan subsequently resigned from his position as the PM’s adviser on ministerial standards.
Ms Patel issued an apology on Friday afternoon, saying: “I am sorry that my behaviour in the past has upset people. It has never been my intention to cause upset to anyone.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- FOUND GUILTY OF BRINGING THE COUNTRY INTO DISREPUTE PATEL SHOULD BE EXPELLED FROM BRITAIN
- BORIS MUST QUESTIONED ABOUT HIS OWN LEVEL OF COMPETENCE IN HIS CHOICE OF MINISTERS & ADVISORS
- MAKE IT PUBLIC, MAKE HER ATTEND, SQUIRM, LOSE, RESIGN & BE EXPELLED FROM BRITAIN
- Patel bullied junior staff – she must go
- DAMNING REPORT COVER UP ON BULLYING HOME SECRETARY PATEL
- A HOME SECRETARY WITH FORM – AN IMMIGRANT WITH FORM WOULD BE DEPORTED