Venezuela, China censure latest US sanctions on Cuba
Venezuela and China have censured the United States’ latest anti-Cuba sanctions as illegal coercive measures and an excuse for foreign interference in the small island country.
“From Venezuela, we reject the new and always illegal unilateral measures by the agonizing US government against the brotherly people of Cuba,” Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza wrote in a Twitter post on Tuesday.
“In the past four years, not even the most eager [UShttps://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/12/21/641228/US-imposes-Nicaragua,-Cuba-related-sanctions-on-several-entities”>
Reacting to the new US bans, Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriquez posted a Twitter message on Monday to protest the anti-Havana measures, which were first announced by hawkish US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo less than a month before his term ends.
“Cuba will get ahead no matter how many companies they include in their spurious lists,” Rodriquez wrote. “Every action by the US foreign policy reinforces the isolation and international discredit to which Trump and his team led it.”
Also on Monday, the US Treasury Department imposed sanctions against three senior Nicaraguan officials over supporting the Central American country’s President Daniel Ortega, who had led the country’s 1979 revolution against US-backed dictator Anastasio Samoza.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- TRAMP ON TRUMP THE MURDERER
- US imperialism more dangerous than coronavirus for international community: Iran president
- Sixth Iranian ship nears Venezuelan port, carrying food
- BIDE ‘N WITH ME -PEACE AND GOODWILL – WHERE TRUMP FAILED
- BREXIT -TRADE WITH THE WORLD -SELL TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER- BUY FROM LOWEST – BRITISH BUSINESS DOES THIS ALL THE TIME
- AND THIS IS POLITICIANS OVER REACTING – IS THICK OR WHAT ? – “One Push of the Button and Shot the World Wild – BUT DON’T ASK QUESTIONS IF GOD’S ON YOUR SIDE” – IS THAT THE VIRUS SIDE GOD ?