Press Release Election 2019:
Corbyn Should Have Backed Leave Says Scargill
The Socialist Labour Party warned that so called left parties could not campaign for the UK to honour it’s commitment to respect the will of the people in the 2016 referendum to leave the European Union and then campaign to vote for the Labour Party which adopted support for a customs union, a single market, free movement of people and capital and a second referendum or peoples vote all of which represent a betrayal of the referendum result.
The Socialist Labour Party urged people to vote against any candidate who supported Remain.
For the SLP it is a political conflict in a unique General Election to encourage members to vote for a Labour Party which adopted a policy which betrayed the working class.
If Jeremy Corbyn had rejected ‘compromisers’ like John McDonnell and all those who opposed him from the date he was elected, and had adopted a policy that the Labour Party would take the UK out of membership of the European Union in 2016 he would have won a General Election whenever it had been held.
Those comrades who left the Socialist Labour Party may now accept that the Labour Party is a Social Democratic Party which does not and never will be a Socialist Party.
Its abandonment of Proportional Representation and Clause IV is clear evidence of its collaborationist philosophy.
Arthur Scargill Leader, Socialist Labour Party 13th December 2019
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- HOW CORBYN the “COMEDIAN” & LABOUR SHOT ITSELF IN THE FOOT OVER BREXIT
- PRESS RELEASE 16th Jan 19- Corbyn Must Back ‘No Deal
- WRITING FOR THE MORNING STAR – DANIEL KEBEDE TALKS FAKE NEWS – CORBYN FAILED AS A LEADER AND AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE WORKING CLASS OVER THE “LEAVE” REFERENDUM DECISION
- WHAT WE WANT IS A GENERAL ELECTION ! – BEST FOR BRITAIN – THE EU – AND ….. MP’S
- LABOUR CAUSED BREXITEERS- THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, TO “GET DONE” BY BORIS – WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THE EU ? – WE BOTH PRODUCE THE SAME GOODS – ONLY BRITISH GROWN FOOD IS REALLY SAFE – WILL BRITONS EVER BE FREE ?- NOT WITH LABOUR & THE TORIES
- LEFT UNITY, -“How to be more inclusive”