Galloway mocks ‘donkey derby’ Labour leader race
as he predicts ‘new Tony Blair’ will win
GEORGE GALLOWAY mocked the Labour Party “fools” for their “donkey derby” of a leadership race and predicted who he believes will replace Jeremy Corbyn.
Political commentator George Galloway dubbed the Labour leadership race a “donkey derby” and explained why he believes Sir Keir Starmer will win. During an interview with Express.co.uk, Mr Galloway told Video News Editor Sam Stevenson the Labour Party were hoping to win with an old trick. Mr Galloway noted that of the Labour candidates, Sir Keir was the closest to the “winner” Tony Blair.
He said Labour MPs were hoping to repeat the popularity and charisma of Tony Blair in hopes of winning over the electorate.
He added: “It’s a donkey derby.
“I am sure Sir Keir Starmer will win.
Keir Starmer is considered the favourite to win the Labour leadership race
“Blair was a ‘winner’ and these fools think that trick can be repeated again and that is why they are going to pick him.”
Sir Keir is considered to be the “safe” Labour leader vote and according to bookmakers is expected to win the race.
Both candidates Lisa Nandy and Jess Philipps have argued voters should make the brave choice and vote for them for change.
While speaking at a rally in Wigan Lisa Nandy argued now was not the time for the party to play it safe.
George Galloway argued the Labour Party hopes Keir Starmer can do what Tony Blair did for the Labour Party
She added the Labour Party “deserves to die” if it refuses to change from its previous course.
During her speech, the MP also reflected on the “devastating” election failure in December and how she believes she is the right candidate to turn it around for the party.
She said: “After this bruising few years in the Labour movement and after what was a shattering, devastating electoral defeat in which we lost good friends and colleagues who deserved so much better.
Lisa Nandy admitted the Labour Party deserves to die if it doesn’t change
“People around the country lost good Labour MPs and they deserved so much better, I say to you that despite all of that, now is not the time to steady the ship and play it safe.
“Because if we do not change course a Labour movement we will die and we will deserve to.
“So now is the moment to up our game and recover our sense of ambition.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- SOCIALISTS LENT CORBYN’S LABOUR THEIR SUPPORT – IN THE 2019 “BREXIT” ELECTION CORBYN FAILED THEM SO THEY WITHDREW IT, LEAVING A BLIARITE REMAINER AS LEADER AGAIN –
- LABOURED – COULDN’T RUN A PISS UP IN A BREWERY LET ALONE RUN A COUNTRY ?
- I LEFT LABOUR AND THE EU- DID YOU TOO ?
- STARMER THE STURMER IS BLIAR’S MAN AND PREPARED TO DO HIS DIRTY WORK
- LONG BAILEY KNOWS BREXITEERS GOT RID OF SOME PLP DROSS – NOW THE REMAINING BLAIRITES ARE SURPLUS TO THE LABOUR LEFT REQUIREMENTS – SO FUCK OFF YOU 50 AND TAKE YOUR LIKE WITH YOU
- LABOUR EXPOSING THEIR DIRTY WASHING IN PUBLIC BEYOND THEIR MEMBERS DOES NOT INSTILL CONFIDENCE IN THOSE WHO SAY – “WE TOLD YOU SO AND YOU IGNORED US”