Railway staff strike at Northern
WORKERS at discredited rail privateer Northern took strike action today in the long-running dispute over keeping safety-critical guards on trains.
Members of rail union RMT picketed stations across the north of England.
Northern is part of Arriva, which belongs to German state-owned rail operator Deutsche Bahn.
RMT general secretary Mick Cash said: “RMT members on Northern rail stand rock solid and united once again in this long-running dispute, which is about putting public safety and access before private profit on our railways.
“It is ludicrous that we have been able to negotiate agreements in Wales and Scotland that lock in the guard guarantee, but we are being blocked from reaching the same settlement across the north of England.
“RMT members at Arriva Rail North have shown extraordinary resilience and determination in the fight for rail safety and we thank the public for their continuing support and understanding.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- RMT STRIKE TODAY OVER PASSENGER SAFETY
- SHAME ON THE TUC -Wait for 2022 or Call for a General Strike to Save Workers Pay and Conditions
- July 10th – 2 Million to Demonstrate against deterioration of Living Standards
- Bullocks -No Meat Today Only Gristle
- RMT IN THE NORTH GET LAURA PIDCOCK MP SUPPORT
- NHS – ON Strike ?