UK govt publishes Brexit withdrawal agreement bill, includes provision PREVENTING ANY EXTENSION of transition period
The previous version of the bill had said the post-Brexit transition period could be prolonged by mutual agreement for up to two years.
Johnson told MPs earlier this week that the new provision would ensure that years of “deadlock, dither and delay” regarding Brexit would come to an end. The House of Commons is set to debate and vote on the amended bill on Friday afternoon.
Once that happens, the UK will enter talks with the EU to discuss their future trade relationship in a process which is expected to be lengthy and fraught with difficulty. Analysts have suggested it could take “years” to complete and would likely not be done and dusted by December 2020.
The EU’s chief negotiator on Brexit, Michel Barnier, said earlier this week that Brussel would “do the maximum” it could to finalize the trade deal on time
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- WILL YOU BE PARTY TO THE WORKERS BREXIT ?
- The Withdrawal Bill and what it does not say
- GET BORIS DONE AND DUSTED BECAUSE HIS PLAN IS NOT BREXIT
- HOW LONG IS BORIS NOSE NOW ?
- NO BIG DEAL
- BORIS LIED – NO DEAL ON OCTOBER 15th – A HOLLOW MOCKERY AND DECEITFUL SHAM – LIKE TRUMP BORIS JOHNSON IS A CONGENITAL LIAR AND WILL BE A ONE TERM WASHOUT TOO