Ben Stokes: England all-rounder to miss remainder of Pakistan series
Stokes has played the first four Tests of the summer, captaining them in the series opener against West Indies
England all-rounder Ben Stokes will miss the remainder of the Test series against Pakistan for family reasons, it has been announced.
Stokes has played all four Tests so far this summer, captaining his country in Joe Root’s absence in the first, the series opener against West Indies.
But the 29-year-old will fly to New Zealand later this week, said the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
He was born in the country, where his parents Ged and Deb still live.
A statement from the ECB said: “He will miss England’s two Test matches against Pakistan at the Ageas Bowl on Thursday 13 August and Friday 21 August.
“The England and Wales Cricket Board, along with the Stokes family, requests that all media respects the family’s privacy at this time.”
The England squad were due to leave Manchester, site of their three-wicket win over Pakistan in the first Test, and head to Southampton on Sunday. Sussex bowler Ollie Robinson has linked up with the side.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- LARA HAS ONE EYE ON THE WEATHER AND TWO ON STOKES AS CAPTAIN – Can Holder outdo Stokes and who is West Indies’ breakout star?
- INDIVIDUAL GAME WINNERS MATTER – SO ENGLAND LEAVE OUT ALLROUNDER SAM CURRAN AGAIN – A CASE OF SCHIZOPHRENIC SELECTION
- MOEEN ALI IS A SOMETIME “B” PLAYER
- ARCHER THE GOLDEN CRUSTED FOOL – WHO IS SELLING HIS COLOUR FOR CLOVER & COPPERS – BUT COULD ARCHER BOWL A MAIDEN OVER WITH A FULL PITCHER
- READ MY REPORT – BREAKING JOFRE OUT – PLAY SAM CURRAN, LEAVE OUT POPE- 6 BOWLER/ALLROUNDERS- LET THE 5 BATSMEN LOOK AFTER THEMSELVES & REMEMBER CATCHES WIN MATCHES