Highways England is facing a police investigation over the deaths of motorists on smart motorways after ministers claimed safety warnings had been repeatedly ignored.
The widow of a driver killed on a smart motorway on Monday made formal allegations of criminal corporate manslaughter against the roads agency, the Telegraph can disclose.
It comes as a damning report by a group of MPs finds on Tuesday that the “shocking and careless” introduction of the scheme has cost lives.
Meanwhile a series of transport ministers told the Telegraph they had repeatedly warned Highways England officials that smart motorways posed a danger to drivers. One former roads minister said he had been “completely misled”. Rank and file police officers added that the roads were “confusing and dangerous” and urged a “drastic rethink”….
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- TORY POLICY -DEATH ON THE ROADS (& WUHAN CHINA ?)BY GRANT SHAPPS MINISTER OF TRANSPORT – THANKS TO HIM DRIVING ON OUR ROADS YOU TAKE YOUR LIFE IN YOUR OWN HANDS
- ONLY RIGHTSANDWRONGS.CO.UK GIVES YOU THE LOWDOWN ON THE LOCKDOWN DEATHS – MORE PEOPLE DIE AT HOME THAN IS BEING ADMITTED – SO STAY AT HOME !
- BREAKING – HOW COULD SUCH A DUMB DURHAM POLICE FORCE KNOW DOMINIC CUMMINGS WAS IN COUNTY DURHAM ?
- THE REST INCLUDING PHE HAS BEEN FALSE NEWS
- GOVERNMENT CLUELESS – HOSPITAL’S DEATH BEDS – GP’S “DON’T CALL US”- DIAL 111- PUBLIC KNOW THE NHS IS UNSAFE -BETTER DIE IN YOUR OWN BED – IN A STATE CONCENTRATION CAMP
- DOING MORE US BIDDING