The proof of the pudding is in the eating and farmers should settle for the ministry quality and grading system.
Who is to say that cattle are better by breed, or feed.
Suckler reared and grass fed may mean something but handling and hanging time are just as important.
I would like to see more transparency and traceability at the counter.
British beef does not say much any more. “Neither does Farm Assured “
Even local butchers can’t say too much about the production of their product so how can supermarkets ?
Start with Public Health inspection control from abbatoir to shop counter and then ensure stock at livestock markets is safe and fit for purpose.
Holsteins are not prime beef !
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Meat Cleavers Strike
- Stock Up on Sirloin For Summer Steaks
- Self Sufficiency-A New Kind of Agricultural Revolution
- Food – Supermarket’s source survey of British Beef and Lamb
- Imported Red Meat – How Much is Inspected By Public Health?
- Armageddon warnings about post-Brexit beef trade ‘bordering on delusional’