Popular school deputy head killed by herd of cows while dog walking
Deputy head died at the scene of his injuries
Mr Clark was out walking his dog in a north Yorkshire field when a herd of cows attacked(photolibrary.com)
A popular school teacher was trampled to death by a herd of cows while he was out walking his dog.
David Clark died of his injuries at the scene after the incident in a field just north of Richmond, North Yorkshire, on Monday.
Tributes have poured in for the married father, who was described as the “heart and soul” of Richmond School in a statement by head teacher Jenna Potter.
“Our thoughts are with Dave’s wife, his children and wider family at this difficult time” she added.
“He was an enormous character, a brilliant school leader and simply a lovely man who enriched the life of everyone he came into contact with, just by being himself and doing what he did every day.”
Clark joined the school in 1997 and was promoted to deputy head in 2003. The dedicated teacher was highly regarded by both colleagues and students.
The statement concluded, “Our students and their parents have been lucky to have known and been helped by him. We have been privileged as a staff to have worked with him and will continue working in the same way in his memory.
Outside of teaching, Clark was an avid cyclist and sportsman. His local cycling club paid tribute to him in a Facebook post, writing “it is with immense sadness that we learned today that one of the club’s most respected and long standing members, David Clark passed away due to a tragic accident.”
North Yorkshire Police were reportedly called to the scene in the early evening after reports that a man in his 50s had been injured by cows.
In a statement, they said “he was treated by paramedics, but sadly he was pronounced dead at the scene”.
They added that The Health and Safety Executive has been informed and the exact circumstances around the death are being investigated.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- BSE IS BACK AND ON A BEEF FARM
- WHERE ARE THE HOME GROWN AND HOME PRODUCED MARKETS _ NOT FARMERS MARKETS WHICH ARE EXPENSIVE
- “YOUR PLAYING BECAUSE YOU’RE MY FRIEND AND IT’S PERSONAL” SAYS ROOT – AND THE MEDIA GET THE SAND THROWN AT THEM BECAUSE I’M KING OF THE CASTLE
- Asians Culture – Of Treating Women as Second Class Citizens -Nusrat Jahan Rafi:16 could face death penalty over murder of woman burnt to death after making sexual harassment claim
- COUNTY DURHAM – HOME TO TEESDALE, WEARDALE, FLY TIPPING CENTRE OF THE NORTH AND DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL – MORALLY AND POLITICALLY BANKRUPT
- WE HAVE BEEN WRAPPING UP PEOPLE IN COTTONWOOL FOR FAR TOO LONG – NO WONDER TODAY’S GENERATION ARE WEAKLINGS THAT NEED MOLLYCODLING