Andrew Neil confronts Meghan Markle and Harry on video – ‘what’s it got to do with you?’
MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry have come under fire from the BBC’s Andrew Neil for insisting that the Commonwealth must acknowledge its colonial past before it can move forward into the future.
Meghan Markle and Harry speak out on ‘acknowledging the past’
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex risked ruffling feathers in the Royal Family when they waded into the touchy subject during a virtual summit of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust (QCT). The session entitled “Fairness, Justice and Equal Rights” focused on the dark days of the Commonwealth’s history as well as encouraging change for the days to come.
Harry said there was “no way” the Commonwealth, which is made up of 54 nations, could move towards the future without acknowledging its history.
But BBC presenter Mr Neil pointed out that the Sussexes no longer live in a Commonwealth country and questioned why they felt the need to hold a public discussion on the political association led by the Queen.
Harry said: “Certainly, when you look across the Commonwealth there is no way that we can move forward unless we acknowledge the past.
“And I think so many people have done such an amazing, incredible job of acknowledging the past and trying to right those wrongs.
“But I think we all acknowledge, on here, that there is so much more still to do.
“It’s not going to be easy and in some cases it’s not going to be comfortable but it needs to be done because guess what? Everybody benefits.”
The prince said he felt “hope and optimism” about the potential for changes to be made.
Meghan chimed in: “We have to, in this moment in time, say ‘we’re going to have to be a little uncomfortable right now’ because it’s only in pushing through that discomfort that we get to the other side of this and find the place, as you’re pointing out, where a high tide raises all ships.”
Harry said the Commonwealth needed to acknowledge its dark past
Mr Neil hit back at the Queen’s grandson and his American-born wife.
He tweeted: “What is it that the Commonwealth has done wrong?
“And since they don’t live in it, what’s it got to do with them?”
Royal revelation: The Queen broke a royal tradition for Meghan Markle [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry speak out on daily struggle [ANALYSIS]
Archie Harrison title change: Why Meghan’s son WILL get a title [REVEALED]
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- CROWN PROPERTIES BELONG TO THE PEOPLE – AND WOULD PAY FOR THE COVID PANDEMIC TWICE OVER
- WE NEED A REPUBLIC – THE MONARCHY & THE CHURCH WERE SLAVE TRADERS AND THAT HASN’T CHANGED
- LIFE MEANS LIFE THE ROYAL NEW BOY THE TAX PAYERS MUST SERVE – ALL NOISE AT ONE END AND NO SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY AT THE OTHER
- IS HARRY INFLUENCED BY MEGAN A BLUE WHITE OR A RED REFORMER AND IS HE CHARLES SON ? – HE COULD BE A GREAT UK PRESIDENT
- NOT KING CHARLES III ? – AFTER THE CHARLES, DIANA & CAMILLA SCANDAL & NOT KING WILLIE THE FIFTH EITHER – SO LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE ! WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE AS PRESIDENT OF THE UK – DAVID ATTENBOROUGH ?
- Here is a man learning what an honest job is – They should all return so he can become a Farmers boy