Brussels MOCKS Britain saying English language should be BANNED post-Brexit
BRUSSELS demanded the English language is banned in the EU after Brexit – before backtracking and claiming the statement was nothing more than a joke.
The remark came from European Commissioner for Economic Affairs, Pierre Moscovici, who was presenting the EU’s autumn forecast, his last under the current Parliament before Ursula Von Der Leyen swoops in on her coveted role. The Frenchman said: “After Brexit, English language will be banned everywhere in the European Union.” He then added: “No, I was joking.”
He then spoke in French for more than half of the introduction of his speech, before stopping.
He said: “Now I’m going to speak English, sorry. I thought I could do the last session in French. But that’s not how things are in the Commission.”
He added: “We will see what happens with Brexit.”
To the roar of laughter, he said “as I’ve always said, after Brexit, English will be banned everywhere”.
The EU demanded the English language is banned
The remark came from European Commissioner for Economic Affairs, Pierre Moscovici
He then said: “Don’t be alarmed, it was just a joke.”
Moving on to the EU’s growth and economy, Mr Moscovici provided a detailed explanation of the forecast.
He said: “The fundamentals of the EU economy are robust: after six years of growth, unemployment in the EU is at its lowest since the turn of the century and the aggregate deficit below one percent of GDP.
“But the challenging road ahead leaves no room for complacency.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- EUROPE WANTED YOUR MONEY TO SURVIVE CORONAVIRUS – NOW DO YOU WANT A NO DEAL BREXIT AND NO EXTENSION
- FRENCH FRIENDS ? NOW YOU ARE GOING TO BELIEVE US – BREXIT MEANS EXECUTE THE CAPTURE OF PORT CALAIS – FORGET NORMANDY – THE US REALLY HATED THEM TOO THEN MARCH ON PARIS AND BYPASS THE IMAGINARY LINE AND TELL THE KRAUTS TO KEEP BMW’S COMING OR ELSE
- NOT BREXIT IF BORIS LETS THE EU IN TO SINK THE UK FISHING FLEET
- BREXIT – WHY DO WE IMPORT FRENCH YOGHURT WHEN WE PRODUCE IT AT HOME ?
- Brexit triumph: Britain to supply ‘half the fish’ Europe needs as UK ‘turns tables’ on EU
- LOOKS WHAT IS COMING OUT OF THE BBC WOODWORK ? – SABOTAGE ESTABLISHMENT STYLE – THE GREMLINS DOING THE LEFT A FAVOUR – TRICKY ?