Love or Money?
Do women marry for love or money, and are they right to do so?
The Chinese Supreme Court has decided that women have rejected the sentimental notion that they should
marry for love, instead opting for rich men, however repulsive they may be.
Arguing that a third of marriages end in divorce because young women are choosing wealth over love, the Court
has decided to ‘educate’ these women by changing the law so that whoever buys the family home will keep it
after a divorce.
It doesn’t look like this move has magically sent women in pursuit of true love, though. A female contestant on
China’s most popular dating show said she would ‘without hesitation’ choose a luxury house over a loving
boyfriend who makes her happy.
Is this the natural result of a culture that increasingly values materialism as it becomes a big player in world
Marriage was initially invented as a commercial arrangement; have we all just seen too many Disney films that
tell us that true love is the goal? Many areas of the media encourage young women to admire footballers’ wives:
isn’t this an example of females being praised for marrying rich men?
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Why do women deny that dating is selling sex for money?
- Sex- Women Marry for Love …of Money
- Whistle Down The Aisle Among Yourselves Girls
- No Fault Divorce – A Ten Minute Bill
- What Has the World Come To ?
- Divorce and Dishonesty ! – MEN MUST NOW RECORD ALL THE INCIDENTAL EXPENSES FOR INCIDENTAL WOMEN & The sooner English law demands a PRE NUPTUAL AGREEMENT prior to a Marriage the better