Releasing the landless peasant to produce food-
Capitalism in reverse.
Plants and Animals
Vegetables,Fruit, & Herbs
Poultry Pigs and Goats
Grown Outside, Under Shelter or Under Glass
Not only Grow your Own -Fresh and Safe
Not only Home Grown- Self and Surplus
In Gardens-On Allotments – Farming Smallholdings
Using Contractors and Tool Hire as necessary
The Key to all this are Markets
For a Market to exist there must be buyers and sellers
There are so many kinds of “Markets”
All types are essential but :-
Local Cheap / Free stalls made available for Home Grown Only at Supermarkets carparks.
Market stalls for Traders in City Centres
Cooperatives – Warehouses and Cold Stores for Supermarkets and Stores
Farmers Markets for Speciality Produce
Auction/ Direct Markets
The key is to make the the type of market fit the model of Buyers and Sellers
Food should be sold on the basis of what it is.
Weight is important but not for everything
Public Health is important but as with life – Let the buyer beware
Veterinary services should be modelled on prevention rather than inspection.
Packaging should be reasonable and not over commercial
Finally – The Produce should state clearly what it is.
Any additives clearly marked.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Putting peoples markets before political profit
- Farmers Guardian – Open letter to the Editor
- Food for Thought – Prime Minister ?
- Labour’s Last Post – The Diminishing Majority
- Petition to the Scottish Parliament 2001 -Withdrawn through a lack of interest
- “Supermarkets” are Convenient Stores for Making More Profit