‘Scabs’ will regret they walked out on Labour, says left-wing MP
A LEFT-WING Labour MP yesterday branded former colleagues “scabs” for quitting.
Lloyd Russell-Moyle also claimed the MPs who quit Jeremy Corbyn’s party earlier this week would come to “regret” their decision. His jibe, using the language of militant trade unionists against strike-breakers, was delivered in a speech at a rally for Left-wing anti-Brexit campaigners in London last night. It has been seen as an indication of the poisonous mood in Labour after MPs quit the party to form the Independent Group.
Labour was last night braced for more departures in the coming days.
Mr Russell-Moyle, MP for Brighton Kemptown, launched his attack at an event held under the slogan “Love Socialism, Hate Brexit”.
He claimed the party was moving towards a position of wanting to remain in the EU, which the departing MPs would have supported.
Left-winger Lloyd Russell-Moyle
“I am almost certain, when the votes come, that we will be in a position of remaining in and reforming the EU – and those scabs that left will regret the day that they ever left the Labour party,” he said, referring to forthcoming divisions in the Commons.
He also accused the quitters of “setting up a pro-austerity party”.
On Twitter yesterday, Mr Russell-Moyle insisted he had excluded Luciana Berger, the Jewish MP who quit Labour after years of anti-Semitic bullying by hard-Left activists, from his attack.
“I explicitly excluded Berger,” he said. “But the others have betrayed their voters to set up a pro-austerity party and betrayed Remain, putting us back weeks in internal discussions.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- BREXIT -“You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go.”
- Labour’s Leadership Campaign – Goodbye Corbyn – Lets have another Leftie ?
- HOW TO GIVE ADVICE WHEN YOU CAN’T TAKE IT
- .Brexit REBELLION: Left-wingers follow Galloway to back Nigel Farage’s surging Brexit Party -THE Labour EU elections list is so remain heavy left-wing Brexiteers are throwing their lot in with Nigel Farage, including George Galloway.
- “Labour rebels ‘should just go’”and so should restrictions on reading about it in the Morning Star
- THE LABOUR PARTY WILL NEVER BE A SOCIALIST PARTY AND DOES NOT DESERVE SUPPORT