Junior docs announce strike dates
JUNIOR doctors announced their strike dates yesterday should they vote for industrial action over Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt’s proposed contract.
The medics — including trainees and doctors below consultant level — have planned a 24-hour emergency care walkout from 8am on December 1, according to the British Medical Association (BMA).
Two full strikes are set for December 8 and 16 from 8am to 5pm, if the BMA members vote for it by the time the ballot closes next Wednesday.
BMA council chair Mark Porter said the early announcement was to minimise disruption to other staff and patients.
Mr Hunt wants junior doctors in England to work more hours for less pay from August next year.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- OMG- Hospital Consultants will have to take their own case histories, admit emergencies, work nights & weekends
- NHS Medical Care is More than just about throwing Money at it
- Deliberate Provocation By Right Wing Tories To Kill Off the NHS
- Lincoln County Hospital -Junior Doctors Strike – 6th April -8am – Lincoln Labour & Council Take Note
- Junior Doctors Need a Stronger Trade Union Negotiating Team
- Lincoln Echo’s Support for the Doctors Strike