Product Spotlight: Easy access ISAs
If you’ve yet to use your ISA allowance for the 2020/21 financial year, now’s the time to take action. Here are the top restriction-free easy access ISAs to help you get started.
• Taking the top spot is Al Rayan Bank, with its Instant Access Cash ISA (Issue 2) paying an expected profit rate of 0.60% AER monthly from a minimum investment of £50. Further additions and withdrawals are permitted, as are transfers both into and away from this Sharia-compliant account, which can be opened and operated online, in branch, by post, phone and via mobile app.
• Next up among accounts that don’t have opening restrictions is Paragon Bank, with Triple Access ISA (Issue 3) paying 0.40% AER on its anniversary from just £1. Further additions are welcome via a nominated account, as are withdrawals, though it should be noted that a lower rate will be paid if there are more than three withdrawals in any 12-month period. This internet-operated account permits transfers in from previous ISA pots, and transfers out can similarly be made without penalty.
• Completing this overview is Charter Savings Bank, with Easy Access Cash ISA – Issue 20 paying 0.40% AER on its anniversary. A minimum investment of £5,000 is required to open this internet-operated account, which permits further additions, withdrawals and transfers.
You can find more of the best easy access cash ISAs on our chart.
View the deals >>>
Product Spotlight: 80% LTV remortgages
Looking to remortgage and have 20% equity in your home? Here are the top fixed rate remortgage deals at 80% loan-to-value (LTV).
• Lloyds Bank takes the top spot with a rate of 1.88% (3.4% APRC) that’s fixed to 31 May 2023, before reverting to 3.59% variable for term. It’s got a fee of £999 as well as an incentive package of free valuation and legal fees, while Club Lloyds customers get an additional £200 cashback.
• Yorkshire Building Society is next with a rate of 1.88% (4.1% APRC) fixed to 31 May 2023, after which it reverts to a discounted variable rate of 4.25% to 31 May 2026 and 4.49% variable thereafter. The fee is £1,495 and there are no incentives included, and it should be noted that this mortgage is only available directly from the lender.
• This mortgage from Clydesdale Bank boasts a rate of 1.89% (4.2% APRC) that’s fixed to 31 May 2023, before reverting to 4.55% variable for term. The fee is £1,499 and the incentive package includes free valuation and free legal fees for remortgagors, with the deal also available through Yorkshire Bank. Alternatively, for the same initial fixed rate but a lower overall cost, West Brom Building Society could be considered – the rate of 1.89% (3.7% APRC) is fixed to 30 June 2023, after which it reverts to 3.99% variable, with the fee of £999 and incentives of free legal and valuation fees (max £740) making it a competitive choice.
You can find more remortgage deals at 80% LTV by heading to our chart, or speak to a broker for a more personalised overview of the options available.
View the deals >>>