The MPs expressed their views on Monday in parliament as British Foreign Secretary William Hague gave a briefing on a recent nuclear deal between Iran and the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council — the United States, Britain, Russia, France and China — plus Germany.
The lawmakers said Israel keeps talking about the threat of nuclear weapons in the Middle East while it possesses hundreds of nuclear warheads itself.
The Israeli regime is widely believed to be the sole possessor of a nuclear arsenal in the Middle East with more than 200 undeclared nuclear warheads. Tel Aviv has rejected global calls to join the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and does not allow international inspectors to observe its controversial nuclear program.
Iran and the six world powers sealed an interim deal in Geneva on Sunday morning to pave the way for the full resolution of the West’s decade-old dispute with Iran over the country’s nuclear energy program.
In the Geneva deal, the Sextet has agreed to several measures including enabling the repatriation of an agreed amount of Iranian revenues held abroad and suspending the EU and US sanctions on insurance and transportation of Iran’s crude.
The EU and US sanctions on Iran’s petrochemical export, gold and precious metals and auto industry as well as the supply of spare parts for the Iranian airplanes would also be suspended.
Furthermore, no new sanctions will be imposed against Iran by the UN Security Council, the European Union or the US.
In return, Iran undertakes measures including capping uranium enrichment to five percent for the duration of six months as stipulated in the agreement. Tehran has also agreed not to advance activities at Natanz, Fordow and Arak facilities and to allow more inspections of its nuclear facilities and further increase its cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency as part of confidence-building measures
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Iran reduces its Nuclear Stockpile by 80%
- Travel & Transport – Brent Oil rises over $1 a Barrel
- TRUMP DRIVES IRAN INTO THE HANDS OF RUSSIA AND CHINA -BUT ITS ABOUT OIL AND TRADE TO BRITAIN & EUROPE AND THEY WILL TRADE WITH ANYONE FOR THEIR NECESSITIES
- Warmonger Clinton – Will the Democrats Choose Common Sense – Bernie Sanders ?
- TRADE WAR IN OUR TIME – FOR TRUMP READ HITLER – HE TORE UP AGREEMENTS TOO -CANCEL HERR TRUMP’S VISIT TO BRITAIN AND EUROPE-
- Israel says not bound by post-war Syria deals