This comes after the Metropolitan police ordered its staff not to respond to calls from mental health centers
According to those who work in the units, the new policy could put both patients and staff’s lives at risk as the
The staff also fear that the lack of support from British police could result in serious injury or death.
British police, however, is concerned that the police are not specially trained to control and restrain psychiatric
Chris Bourlet of the police mental health team admitted that the protocol caused concerns among staff but said
“This is about making sure everyone knows where we stand. This is not about withdrawing service where it is
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Mental Health -The poor relation of the NHS
- NHS Accident? Is No Tory Emergency
- 45 pence per Unit of Alcohol ?
- Health- Colchester Cancer Cover Up – NHA Press Release
- Health- Whole Patient Care includes access to one’s records
- So You Voted Tory – Mental Health Affects Rich and Poor but this Government Treats Mental Health with Contempt and Charity