Coronavirus panic: UK medical expert delivers harrowing prediction as cases SURGE on BBC
CORONAVIRUS panic erupted on BBC Newsnight after a British medical expert delivered a harrowing warning to viewers over how well the deadly infection could be controlled.
Alison Pittard, Dean of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, said she was “concerned” with how organisations such as the NHS will deal with a huge outbreak of the virus. Her stark prediction came as the UK confirmed the first death from the coronavirus. Speaking on the show, she said: “Year on year we’ve seen a four percent increase in critical care activity.
“But what we haven’t seen, is a corresponding increase in resource.
“So that means, we’re not starting off at as good a point as we were then.
“We are concerned about how we will manage with the increase in the number of patients who may require our intensive care medicine services.”
Talk on the show was dominated by the growing crisis surrounding the UK’s handling of a potential outbreak.
Coronavirus news: UK medical expert delivers harrowing prediction as cases SURGE on BBC
Alison Pittard, Dean of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
Globally, more than 92,000 have now been diagnosed with the disease.
Of these, at least 3,200 have perished.
In the UK, the current number of cases stands at 116 – after 30 cases were confirmed on Thursday.
Despite the prediction, some Twitter users were unimpressed with the expert’s verdict.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- TODAY’S EXPRESS YESTERDAYS NEWS REVISITED – NOTE THE DATE- NOTE THE POINT AND SEE THE RESULT TODAY – THE NEED TO SACK BORIS
- ALL THE KINGS HORSES AND ALL THE KINGS MEN COULD NOT PUT THE CORONAVIRUS PATIENT TOGETHER AGAIN – EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD BEEN IN AND OUT OF CARE – SAYS IT ALL ABOUT CORONAVIRUS BEING A MILD INFECTION FOR MOST
- ITS CRIMINAL CARE BUT WORSE ONLY 1% OF UK PATIENTS ARE BEING TREATED IN INFECTIOUS DISEASES UNITS AND CORONAVIRUS IS AN INFECTIOUS DISEASE
- QUACK QUACK QUACK- DR’S FALL INTO LINE – 1. Final Solution 2 Restricted Prescription List – 3 Cash for Consultations
- THAT STOOGE & BITCH PUBLIC HEALTH ENGLAND PROF DOYLE HAS BEEN DELIBERATELY COVERING UP DEATHS IN THE UK – NOW WE HEAR – “OUTSIDE HOSPITAL DEATHS” BUT NOT…….
- Coronavirus death toll ‘comparable’ to 1918 flu pandemic which killed 50 million