Organisers of the Greatest Online Agricultural Show have announced they will be back with a second offering this autumn.
More than 5,000 people visited the inaugural show, which was held in May after coronavirus forced the cancellation of almost all agricultural and county shows across the UK.
The event raised more than £16,000 for farming charities, including the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (Rabi), the Royal Scottish Agricultural Benevolent Institution (Rsabi), the Farming Community Network (FCN), as well as mental health charities, the DPJ Foundation and You Are Not Alone (YANA).
Now the organisers have announced that a follow-up show will be held online on Facebook and Twitter on Saturday 3 October.
The Online Ag Show Harvest Festival will be a celebration of harvest featuring an interactive virtual harvest supper, discussions, a service of thanksgiving, the Love British Food Food Tent (TBC) and finishing with the return of live DJ DiscoJackers in the Small Robot Co Beer Tent.
The event will be run in partnership with Innovation for Agriculture (IfA), a consortium of 16 English agricultural societies. It comes at the end of the British Food Fortnight 2020 (19 September to 4 October) and will celebrate everything food and farming.
“It’s been a difficult year in farming across the board. Join us for a huge virtual social event for all, celebrating the spirit of harvest,” said a statement on the group’s Facebook page.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- DEAF WITH TINNITUS BUT NOT DUMB
- Get involved with Back British Farming Day
- ONLY SCOTCH MIST AT HOLYROOD
- WHAT RIGHTSANDWRONGS.CO.UK SAID IN 2018
- BUY BRITISH – LET THE US KEEP THEIR GROWTH HORMONES AND CHLORINATED CHICKEN – AND THEY CAN KEEP DAVID DAVIS TOO !
- FROM EU C.A.P – “UN – COMMON” AGRICULTURAL POLICY to A BREXIT B.A.P- BRITISH AGRICULTURAL POLICY ? – ITS ABOUT HOME GROWN, SAFE FOOD & SELF SUFFICIENCY