General election news – live: ‘Lying’ Boris Johnson repeatedly contradicts his own government documents over Brexit border checks, as Labour cuts Tory poll lead
The prime minister appeared on Sky News on the final Sunday ahead of the general election, and refused to say if he would stand down if he fails to win a majority, potentially becoming one of the shortest-serving PMs in history. He also admitted only 31,000 of the 50,000 “more nurses” his party have promised are actually new.
While the Conservatives retained a lead as high as 15 points over Labour in an Opinium poll, Jeremy Corbyn‘s party enjoyed a four-point boost in a survey by ComRes, cutting the Tory lead to six points, which would put Britain in hung parliament territory.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Tory majority in doubt
- BORIS SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SEE NIGEL
- IT’S INCREDIBLE – LABOUR MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS EVEN CONSIDERING VOTING TORY SHOWS CORBYN IS AS INCOMPETENT AS BLIAR BROWN & EVEN KINNOCK
- LEXITEERS BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE – VOTE BREXIT AND WANT CORBYN – BUT BREXIT COMES FIRST CORBYN
- THE CUCKOO IN THE NEST-THE REASON TO FORM AN ALTERNATIVE BREXIT SOCIALIST MARKET ECONOMY PARTY TO FIGHT EVERY SEAT IN THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION-COMPLETE INDEPENDENCE FROM THE EU-A PEOPLE POLICY TO END POVERTY THROUGH STATE CONTROL OF ESSENTIAL SERVICES
- CORBYN CAVES IN CAUSED BY CONTRADICTING CONSENSUS OVER BREXIT – McDONNELL SHOULD HAVE GONE TOO ! – LABOUR PARTY DAMAGED FOR A DECADE