2015 China announces the end of their one-child policy after 35 years
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 1924 Labour party loses British parliamentary election
- 1929 “Black Tuesday” Wall Street Stock Market crashes triggering the “Great Depression”
- 1942 Nazis murder 16,000 Jews in Pinsk, Soviet Union
- 1948 Safsaf massacre, Israeli defence forces attack Palestinian village of Safsaf in the Galilee
- 1970 The Electoral Reform Society calls for the introduction of Proportional Representation (PR) in elections in Northern Ireland
- 1988 China announces a herbal male contraceptive
- 2002 Ho Chi Minh City ITC Inferno, a fire destroys a luxurious department store with 1,500 people shopping. Over 60 people died and over 100 are missing. It is the deadliest disaster in Vietnam during peacetime.
Event of Interest
2004 Arabic news network, Al Jazeera broadcasts an excerpt from a video of Osama bin Laden in which the terrorist leader first admits direct responsibility for the September 11, 2001 attacks and references the 2004 U.S. presidential election
Osama bin Laden
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- ON THIS DAY -3rd DEC
- On This Day 25th Oct
- Show me the Way to Go Home…..
- After cutting his whole hand off with a logging saw the man asked Mogg how he did it – so he showed him and cut the other off – It’s called Neurogenic shock Mogg – People like you say and do the most stupid things
- Letting Go of the Market Economy – Vietnamese Style
- CLASSICAL MUSIC – ELITIST OR ELATING ?