Fury as EU confirms £1bn bill it sent on Brexit Day – and says timing was ‘pure coincidence’
Government sources say they want the amount to come down by at least half
Brexiteers have reacted with fury after the European Commission insisted that it would force Britain to pay the £1 billion bill Brussels sent the UK on Brexit Day.
The Telegraph exclusively revealed the jaw-dropping demand, which was made last Friday, on the very day Britain left the EU.
The European Commission confirmed the £1.09 billion demand, insisting it was “routine” and “pure coincidence” that it fell on January 31.
The commission today ruled out any hope of negotiating down the bill in the upcoming trade negotiations and warned the UK would feel the full brunt of EU law if it refused to cough up.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- LEAVE MEANS EXIT – NO CAPITULATION – ITS TREASON AGAINST THE STATE – BORIS HAS NO AUTHORITY TO CONTRADICT THE ELECTORATE – POLITICIANS HAVE NEVER BEEN IMMUNE FROM PEOLE’S JUSTICE
- ‘EU & LORDS doesn’t get it!’ BUT DOES BORIS ?
- ALL LIES LIES LIES and COMPLETE CODSWALLOP- COD IS FISHED IN NORTHERN WATERS -We buy SOME Cod from Iceland who are NOT A MEMBER OF THE EU AND WE GROW THE BEST CHIPPING POTATOES IN THE WORLD
- “EU plots to SUE Britain unless May forks over £39billion divorce bill in no-deal scenario” AFTER INVOKING ARTICLE 50 BRITAIN SHOULD HAVE LEFT IMMEDIATELY- SUPPORT A NO DEAL NOW – LEAVE THE EU AND KEEP THE £39 BILLION
- Parliament Invoked Article 50 -So Boris should just declare Britain has left today – Other Countries that left did !
- EUROPE WANTED YOUR MONEY TO SURVIVE CORONAVIRUS – NOW DO YOU WANT A NO DEAL BREXIT AND NO EXTENSION