The Guardian reports that the Government’s plans for seven day working have been branded ‘cloud cuckoo land’ by RCGP chair Professor Maureen Baker.
The college has lambasted the Government for forcing the issue on a ‘political imperative’ while the profession is ‘teetering omn the brink’ and said better investment in regular services would allow much more demand to be taken on.
A Department of Health spokesperson said: ‘These comments are out of step with what we know patients want – access to a GP after office hours or at the weekend to suit their busy lives.
The fact is that thousands of GPs share our vision and are already opening clinics seven days a week.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Scottish NHS 111 Out of Hours “Improved” Service
- Dr’s In Small Corners Need Communities Too
- A&E Waiting Times – Even worse for the Elderly
- Health- Only A&E is a 24hour service & the savage Tory Cuts are the main cause of the crisis
- NHS Accident? Is No Tory Emergency
- Junior Dr’s Show the GP’s How It’s Done