“What is the matter with you” meaning?
If you ask someone “What’s the matter?” it shows you are concerned about the other person. You usually ask someone “What’s the matter?” if the person looks angry or worried. But saying, “What’s the matter with you?” has a completely different meaning. And it usually sounds rude or offensive.
“New Patient Registration”
Our Registration with this practice got off to a very bad start, and trying to be dispassionate,
it was so impersonal that you felt you were just a another number.
The medical practice,which gets paid for every patient on its books,
is run by unqualified receptionists,who read the personal, any medical information
you are asked to supply ” which might be helpful”, and might be your next door neighbour,
yet is not read by qualified Nursing or Medical staff of the Practice,and
there is no system for informing the patient that they have been accepted.
The stated “health check” apparently, only from the information given,
by an unqualified member of staff ,was not forthcoming either,
though would appear to be an unregulated enquiry.
The receptionists will ask you “what is the matter with you”when you phone for an appointment
or ask to speak to a medic, making the allocated Dr patient / relationship, seem a pretence, as
even though it is said that you will be allocated a named GP, you are not informed who that is.
The information given on the registration form was not carried out regarding the pharmacy of choice
and the telephone information given was wrongly recorded when a Dr appointment was requested so no
call was received. There was no apology from the receptionist, who admitted it, and the patient was asked to go through the appointment system of phoning at 8 am the next day, again.
New registrations will have to decide whether this is an appropriate way to manage a practice or whether it is a breach of individual patient / Dr confidentiality, whether patients are treated in an officious manner by the receptionists and whether the confidentiality clause, they have to sign, is worth the paper it is written on.
What was more disappointing was that the Senior Partner of the Jubilee Medical Group,
who was invited to review their procedure, totally failed to appreciate the sensitive nature of the situation and appeared not to understand the patients concern.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- THE NHS – A PLAGUE ON YOUR PERFORMANCE – TREATING PATIENTS WITH CONTEMPT THROUGH IGNORANCE AND INDIFFERENCE – THE INCOMPETENCES OF AN ADMINISTRATION SYSTEM INTRODUCED ON THE CHEAP TO REPLACE PROFESSIONAL CARERS INSULTS PATIENTS
- NOT THE NATIONAL HEALTH – MORE LIKE “BEING LEFT HOLDING THE PHONE”- SERVICE
- WHEN THE DOCTOR’S RECEPTIONIST ASKS WHAT’S THE MATTER WITH YOU – SAY “ITS PERSONAL” or….
- THE “CQC” ENGLAND -“CARE QUALITY COMMISSION” ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE
- GP’S BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, ABOUT SUMS IT UP – Don’t Call Me, I’ll Call You the Patient !
- GP’S & MEDICAL PRACTICES RECORDED MESSAGE – “COVID SYMPTOMS ? – DON’T CALL US – PHONE 111”- SENT PATIENTS TO THEIR DEATH – 17,000 PLUS… CARE HOME RESIDENTS DIED – HOME CARE REJECTED – THE QUESTION NOW IS WILL THE PRIMARY CARE SERVICE BE FORGIVEN ?