Arla slashes 3.25ppl from March direct supply cheques
Arla Foods has slashed 3.25ppl from farmer milk cheques to those on direct supply contracts for March.
01 Feb 2016
BY Joel Durkin
This further cut in March prices was attributed to surplus milk supplies by the co-operative.
Farmers Guardian has spoken to farmers who have said the move will take them to about 16ppl.
Tenant Farmers Association (TFA) chief executive George Dunn took to twitter, calling the price fall a ’depressing move’.
It was deemed ’unbelievable’ by Cumbrian farmer Sandra Stalker.
The volume was alleged by Farmers For Action leader David Handley to have been 200m litres and Mr Handley accused Tesco of ’decimating’ the liquid milk industry.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- The Man Who Weakens the Workers Milk – 18ppl = 10 pence per Whole Milk Pint for the farmer producer is a scandal
- FOOD AND FARMING – NOW WHO IS BEING EXPLOITED ?
- FARMERS GO OUT OF BELOW COST MILK PRODUCTION – “YOU” Have Bitten the Hand That Feeds Us – And Now WE will Pay For It
- Food- Retail Giants Start Milk Price War
- Labour Leadership must Take Farmers Concerns On Board
- Food-Profits from Milk for Foreign Company