May Day 2020 around the world: in pictures
AS THE world still grapples with the Covid-19 pandemic, this year’s International Workers’ Day is like no other.
Below are images from around the world of working people standing up for their rights as workers and marking the struggles of those who fought before.
People in Paris take part in a banned gathering as part of the May Day demonstrations.
People in Marseille take part in a more peaceful demonstration.
Participants of the German Trade Union Federation (DGB) hold a banner in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin with the inscription: “One is not alone in solidarity”
Demonstrators practice social distancing due to coronavirus restrictions, at a Labor Day rally in Duisberg, Germany
Protesters from the communist party-affiliated PAME union practice social distancing during a May Day rally outside the Greek Parliament, in Athens.
Health workers, unions & civil society hold a picket outside Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto, South Africa.
Members of the Korean Confederation of Trade Unions wearing face masks to help protect against the spread of the new coronavirus, sit while maintaining social distancing during a May Day rally.
Pakistani labourers stage rally for their rights in Quetta, Pakistan.
Police attack protesters in Istanbul.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- THE FRENCH REVOLUTION IS NOT OVER – THE PEASANT DOTH PROTEST- GET THE CART OUT FOR MACRON
- LOOK AND LEARN – WHO THE ESTABLISHMENT IS ! – THE POLICE ARE THE VIOLENT FORCE AGAINST THE PEOPLE UNDER DIRECTION OF THE “ESTABLISHMENT”
- Londoners defy lockdown to show solidarity with US protesters
- Black Lives Matter ‘more important’ than coronavirus:
- Protests against US police killing of George Floyd go global
- Protesters in Belarus keep pushing for leader’s resignation