‘A pound spent locally will go much further than a pound spent in a chain store’ – Public urged to shop local this Christmas
The Farmers Union of Wales was urging people to use their local butcher and small shops for food and gifts
‘A pound spent locally will go much further than a pound spent in a chain store’ –
The Farmers’ Union of Wales (FUW) has urged shoppers to keep their Christmas shopping local to show support for rural and local businesses.
FUW President Glyn Roberts said: “As we speed towards Christmas, I would like to urge you to think about your rural businesses and see if you can buy local, either for the upcoming Christmas dinner or even gifts for family and friends.
“Speak to your local butcher about meat for the Christmas period and see what your local farm shop has to offer – I promise you will find many of the ingredients you need for your Christmas dinner right on your doorstep.
“There are also plenty of small shops around that offer Welsh craft and locally designed gifts and of course the choice for local food gifts is aplenty.
“It really is worth having a look.
These are small decisions we can make that will have a big impact on our rural economy.
“A pound spent locally will go much further than a pound spent in a chain store and it keeps our rural economies going.
“By supporting our local businesses we do not help a CEO buy a third holiday home but we help a local mum and dad put food on the table, a family pay their mortgage, a little girl get those dance lessons and a little boy get his favourite team shirt.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- ‘Those working in the rural economy are ready and raring to go’ – UK enters recession
- PEOPLE IN SUPERMARKETS ARE LIKE KIDS IN A SWEET SHOP AND FORGET THE COVID FACE HANDS & SPACE – THIS IS THE BOFFINS ACHILLES HEEL BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN ANOTHER WORLD
- Sustainable and Viable Agricultural
- FARMERS WERE ONCE THE BACKBONE OF THE COMMUNITY
- A COMMERCIAL COVID CHRISTMAS !-THE 12 DAYS OF CHAOS AT CHRISTMAS / NEW YEAR …. SLOSH DOWN
- POSH BOYS ADVICE IS MAINLY TWADDLE – DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO