Around 20,000 Venezuelan adolescents will learn about urban farming as part of a plan launched by President Nicolas Maduro to support food production and the country’s youth programs.
Under the program, thousands of members of the Chamba Juvenil program will be trained on how to grow and harvest fruits, vegetables, legumes as well as on how to raise sheep, goats, pigs and other livestock, said Minister of Youth and Sports Pedro Infante.
The initiative “will give thousands of young people a space to take advantage of their productive capabilities and contribute to the 15 motors of the Bolivarian Economic Agenda,” Infante said in an interview with the national program, “La Hora de los Clap.”
According to the minister, the farming initiative plans to reach out to unemployed young people and incorporate them into the educational and production system.
The objective is to give young people an opportunity to grow in the health, education, urban production sectors, the minister added.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Corbyn to Open Markets for UK Allotments & Garden Produce ? – ONLY CORBYN ISN’T THERE OR LISTENING YET
- When will they ever learn ?
- To Be a Farmer’s Boy or Girl ?
- British Agricultural Policies for Britain
- Self Sufficiency-A New Kind of Agricultural Revolution
- Cooperation Yes … Marketing Boards – Guaranteed Pricing Yes – Support Yes – Collectivisation NO