Anti-Purge Campaigners Try To Change Party Rules
CAMPAIGNERS are urging constituency Labour parties to submit a rule change to the annual conference to stop the expulsion of members for no good reason.
24th June 2017 –
The proposal would not be heard until next year’s conference, even though the deadline for submitting proposals is July 7 — two weeks from now.
The Stop the Labour Purge campaign says hundreds of party members were expelled and unable to vote in last year’s leadership election.
It wants to remove a rule allowing exclusion of anyone who “joins and/or supports a political organisation other than an official Labour group or other unit of the party.”
Those expelled under the rule have no chance of appeal.
Stop the Labour Purge said: “Given the necessity of political breadth, it is inevitable that Labour will be an organisation in which there is a constant and healthy discussion and contest of ideas and policies.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Palestine is the Final Solution to the Jewish Question
- NO Momentum – AS ONLY members of the Labour Party can join Momentum, but supporters can still take part in our activities and campaigns – Hmmmmmm !
- The “Hangers On” Must Go – The Times They Are A Changin’
- Tory Election Poster – A Clown for the Moscow Circus ?
- The Parliamentary Labour Party Is Not the Sum Total of Its Members