4th Feb 19
LABOUR rebels threatening to break away and form a new centre party are “getting boring,” a source close to the Labour leader has told the Morning Star.
Reacting to the Observer’s latest front-page story about an imminent split, this time by only half a dozen right-wing Labour MPs, the source said: “They should just go. It’s getting boring.
“Every few months they pipe up with the same broken story. Honestly: just go.
But sadly, in reality, they are not going anywhere.”
The gang of six are said to be angry at Jeremy Corbyn’s stance on Brexit, Venezuela and anti-semitism.
The Observer — which often runs such stories — could only name three Labour MPs as being involved in the looming split. They turned out to be the usual suspects: Angela Smith, Chris Leslie and Luciana Berger, none of whom would even confirm if the plot was genuine.
Despite the sketchiness of the plans, Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable welcomed the report and said his party would “work with them in some form.”
The Observer also reported “a fresh row is expected in the [Labour] party over the handling of anti-semitism” this week. Ms Berger will demand Labour reveals “full details” of all complaints the party is investigating over anti-semitism.
However, Jewish socialist campaigner David Rosenberg was scathing about the motives of potential splitters. he said: “They’ve polished off old complaints about anti-semitism again and thrown them into the ring. Oh, and they have found a new one as well: Venezuela, where they seem to align uncritically with Donald Trump and John Bolton.”
Writing on Facebook, Mr Rosenberg said: “Let’s get real. This is about the Establishment media’s war on Corbyn in the light of Theresa May’s crushing defeat by 230 votes three weeks ago in the delayed vote over her Brexit plan, and their paranoia that her total mishandling of Brexit brings the prospect of Corbyn-led government closer.”
Last weekend, the Observer tried to undermine another left-wing leader with a gushing front-page story about Tory Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt rejecting the legitimacy of democratically elected Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Jeremy Corbyn | My statement on our action plan on tackling anti-Semitism and other forms of racism- 2019
- “SCABS” – PICK THE BONES OUT OF THAT – “LABOUR WANTS TO REMAIN” – BREXITEERS WILL BE WALKING OUT OF LABOUR TOO !
- CORBYN WAS TOO NICE TO BE A LEADER MANAGER – HE MAY HAVE BEEN CONVINCED ALL BREXITEERS WERE FASCISTS
- BUT LABOUR IS NOT THE LEFT ………………TELL JEREMY …THE PEOPLE’S PARTY COULD BE – SID SAYS
- WATCH THE FIREWORKS NOW – A CURSE ON BOTH YOUR PARTIES – REMAINER MAY DELIVERS BOTCHED BREXIT, RESIGNS – A GENERAL ELECTION IS CALLED WHICH CORBYN WILL LOSE AND RESIGNS TOO – IT COULD BE CIVIL WAR ?
- NOT LABOUR SO NO CIVIL RIGHT TO BE MP’S – ITS “COMMON SENSE” SAYS TOM PAINE – BROKEN COMMITMENT TO THE “CROWN” – IT IS NOT EVEN PARLIAMENTARY PRIVILEGE – THESE MP’S REPRESENT ROTTEN BOROUGHS NOT REALITY