North Korean leader Kim Jong Un
KCNA via REUTERS
PYONGYANG, February 23. /TASS/. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has started his train journey from Pyongyang to Hanoi (Vietnam), where he is set to meet with US President Donald Trump next week, a North Korean diplomatic source informed TASS.
The source informed that around 17:00 local time (11:00 Moscow time), the North Korean leader left for Hanoi in an armored train. He is expected to travel all the way to Vietnam by train, passing China.
The total distance between Pyongyang and Hanoi surpasses 4,500 kilometers. The North Korean leader’s trip is expected to last for over 48 hours.
Earlier, Trump announced that he would meet with Kim Jong Un for the second time in Vietnam’s capital Hanoi on February 27-28.
The first summit between Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump took place in Singapore on June 12, 2018. The parties signed a joint document, in which Pyongyang committed to denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula in return for US security guarantees.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- 4500 kilometres by train – Pyongyang to Hanoi via Beijing – Beijing to Hanoi Train Schedules Duration: 36 hours 28 minutes Cost $340 one way
- A Game of Two Halves – And We Know from 1966 How the North Koreans can play
- WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE – BUT TRUMP WOULD NOT RECOGNISE THE TRUTH IF IT JUMPED UP AND HIT HIM – BUT IF HE TELLS WHAT HE KNOWS IT WONT BE A SECRET WILL IT ?
- THE LAST MAN STANDING IN VIETNAM – TRUMP GOES AS PRESIDENT AND RETURNS IMPEACHED ? – BUT WILL HE COME IN VERY SMALL BOXES OR THE STIFF UPPER LIPPED SAME OLD DONALD
- THE SPOILT BRAT TOOK HIS BALL AND WENT HOME
- Follow Kim Jong Un as he returns to Pyongyong from Hanoi – But will he be in a good mood after meeting Donald or will he prefer Peking Duck