Iran complying with interim nuclear deal: IAEA
Sat May 24, 2014 5:41AM GMT
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) says Iran has been complying with the terms of an interim agreement reached between the Islamic Republic and the P5+1 on the Iranian nuclear energy program.
In a quarterly report on Friday, the UN nuclear agency said that Iran has cut its stockpile of 20-percent enriched uranium by more than 80 percent under the interim pact.
Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council – China, Russia, France, Britain and the US – plus Germany clinched a landmark interim deal in the Swiss city of Geneva on November 24, 2013 to pave the way for the full resolution of the dispute over Iran’s nuclear energy program. The deal went into force on January 20, 2014.
In its Friday report, the IAEA said that transparency measures “have been implemented by Iran as planned.”
“Iran’s engagement with the agency, including the provision of information, and the Agency’s ongoing analysis is helping the agency to gain a better understanding of Iran’s nuclear program,” the report further read.
While rejecting accusations that it seeks to develop the capability to build nuclear weapons, Iran has been cooperating with the IAEA in order for the Agency to be able to verify that Tehran is complying with its undertakings under the interim accord.
On May 20, Iran and the IAEA held a technical meeting within the Framework for Cooperation agreed between the two sides last November, which outlines a roadmap for mutual cooperation on certain outstanding nuclear issues. During the meeting, the two sides reviewed the good progress that had been made on the seven practical measures that had been agreed.
Iran and the IAEA also reached an agreement on five additional practical measures to be implemented in the next step.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- Politics -Israel’s, US Nuclear Arsenal must be Destroyed
- Travel & Transport – Brent Oil rises over $1 a Barrel
- TRUMP DRIVES IRAN INTO THE HANDS OF RUSSIA AND CHINA -BUT ITS ABOUT OIL AND TRADE TO BRITAIN & EUROPE AND THEY WILL TRADE WITH ANYONE FOR THEIR NECESSITIES
- TRADE WAR IN OUR TIME – FOR TRUMP READ HITLER – HE TORE UP AGREEMENTS TOO -CANCEL HERR TRUMP’S VISIT TO BRITAIN AND EUROPE-
- No More Special Arrangements with the US Hawks
- Warmonger Clinton – Will the Democrats Choose Common Sense – Bernie Sanders ?