Boris warned NOT to concede on fishing for EU deal ‘Fighting for FOUR years to be free!’
BORIS JOHNSON has been warned not to make a concession of fishing to push through a Brexit trade deal with the EU, in an Express.co.uk poll.
Brexit: Lord Frost calls on EU to be ‘reasonable’ over fishing
As Brexit negotiations are set to come to an end this month, sticking points remain on fishing, level playing field issues and governance. The Prime Minister aims to leave the transition period at the end of December with or without a deal.
Both the British and EU negotiators have said each side is inching towards a potential deal which would govern around £697billion in trade after December.
David Frost, the UK’s chief Brexit negotiator, said the UK could agree to a “glide path” towards a suitable endpoint for a future fishers agreement with Brussels.
But as reports surfaced that the UK is about to back down on parts of the agreement over fishing, Express.co.uk asked whether the Prime Minister should make a concession to push through a deal.
The poll which ran from 1pm to 9pm on October 8 received 9,754 responses with an overwhelming 95 percent (9,217) urging the Prime Minister not to make a concession.
Boris urged not to give concession on fishing
Boris urged not to make concession on fishing
Just five percent (489) said Mr Johnson should while only 48 people said they didn’t know.
One reader said: “Absolutely no concessions.
“We’ve been fighting four years to be completely free.
“If Boris ties us back in again, the Tories will be toast.”
Boris urged to get Brexit done
A second reader said the UK must be in control of “our own waters” and said: “We must be in control of our own waters, that does not mean we can’t permit access to the waters by other countries under our terms.”
A third person simply stated giving the EU control over fishing “is not Brexit”.
Others warned Mr Johnson if he makes any concession it will be the end of his political career and the Conservative party.
A fourth reader said: ”Boris should not concede to any of the ridiculous EU demands on fishing, state aid, subsidies, level paying fields or allowing any form of EU governance.
EU discussed 1666 treaty as bloc tries to settle Brexit fishing row NOT British fish!’ Furious Ireland hits out at UK’s Brexit demands [COMMENT]
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- EU – NO WE DID NOT JOIN – PM MAJOR SIGNED UP TO AGREEMENTS MILLIONS OF BRITAIN’S OPPOSED – KEEP BRITISH FISHING WATERS FOR THE BRITISH – REMEMBER- HMS HOOD BORIS, OR BE SUNK YOURSELF
- DEMAND A NO DEAL BREXIT – FISHING LIMITS ARE OURS – NO MORE A SECOND CLASS BRITISH INDUSTRY, INVESTMENT NOT WORTH THE PROFIT !
- NO TO EU FISHING IN BRITISH WATERS – BORIS TO GET FILLETED IF HE LETS THE FISHING INDUSTRY DOWN OVER BREXIT
- FARAGE IS FINISHED WHEN BORIS WALKS AWAY FROM BARNIER DEBACLE
- BREXITEERS ARE NOW AT WAR WITH BORIS
- BURNT TOAST FOR BRITAIN’S BREXIT BREAKFAST WHILE THE EU WILL SMIRK ON FOIE GRAS