It is important to record these ficticious claims so that a challenge can be made after the event should they be found to be untrue and reckless..
The Tories are ‘deliberately keeping people in the dark’ over impact of no-deal Brexit, TUC leader warns
TUC general secretary Frances O’Grady says ‘the fallout would be felt for generations to come’
THE Tories are “deliberately keeping people in the dark” about the true impact of a no-deal Brexit, TUC general secretary Frances O’Grady warned today.
Speaking at the People’s Assembly Shut Down The Tories rally in Manchester, Ms O’Grady warned of the damage no-deal would inflict on public services and communities.
Her comments came as the TUC published a new report setting out the cost that crashing out of the EU would have on jobs, rights and livelihoods.
She said: “This government is deliberately keeping people in the dark about the true impact of no-deal.
“The fallout would be felt for generations to come — hitting our jobs, livelihoods and rights at work. And putting at risk peace in Northern Ireland.
“A no-deal is not a clean break. It will jam the gears of government for years.
“And it would stop us rebuilding our public services and communities and repairing the damage austerity has caused.”
The TUC study finds that the immediate cost to the public finances of a no-deal Brexit could be up to £90 billion, with the loss of up to 482,000 jobs and up to a 10 per cent fall in wages.
Ms O’Grady added: “For Johnson and his hard-right supporters Brexit isn’t just about leaving the EU.
“It’s about attacking our rights, slashing taxes for big corporations and privatising our services.
“And, yes, flogging off our NHS to President Trump and his mates in big pharma. Holding the NHS to ransom over the price it pays for life-saving drugs.”
Morning Star article
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- A WHITE ELEPHANT, BROWN ENVELOPE,& MILD WATERY CURRY THAT GOES STRAIGHT THROUGH YOU BUDGET
- IF CORBYN AND THE UNIONS HAD BACKED A NO DEAL BREXIT, IT WOULD BE A SOCIALIST PEOPLE’S BREXIT NOW – SO GET REAL UNIONS
- A Letter from a Remain Labour MP of a Leave Constituency to a Lexit Constituent
- THE FINAL SAY – IS A GENERAL ELECTION
- WILL PARLIAMENT REALLY SELL BRITAIN FOR A HANDFUL OF HALF BAKED BEANS ?- Brexit ferry contracts will cost ‘tens of millions’ more due to Article 50 extension
- Let the Mayhem Begin