Tory minister Sam Gyimah resigns in protest at Theresa May’s Brexit deal
Sam Gyimah, the universities and science minister, has resigned in protest at the Government’s “naive” Brexit plan, saying that any deal we strike with Brussels will be “EU first”.
Becoming the seventh member of the Government to quit since Theresa May unveiled the draft Withdrawal Agreement, Mr Gyimah says the plan was “not in the British national interest” and that voting for it would “set ourselves up for failure” by surrendering “our voice, our vote and our veto”.
The Conservative MP, who campaigned for Remain, says he will vote against the plan in Parliament and that Mrs May should not rule out holding a second referendum
Announcing his departure in The Daily Telegraph on Saturday, Mr Gyimah cites the EU’s continued wrangling over the Galileo satellite project as the deciding factor in his resignation.
Downing Street confirmed that his letter had been received and said there would be a response “in due course”.
On Friday night the Prime Minister said the UK was pulling out of the programme and may now abandon attempts to recoup the £1.2 billion Britain has already spent on the project
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- IF MAY’S BREXIT DEAL FALLS AND BY TORY MP’S, THEY MUST VOTE FOR NO CONFIDENCE IN THE PM ? – IT FOLLOWS THAT IF THE DEAL FALLS AND THERE IS NO OTHER DEAL AS MAY CLAIMS AND BRITAIN LEAVES ON 29th MARCH ONLY A GENERAL ELECTION CAN RESOLVE THE ISSUE
- A Letter from a Remain Labour MP of a Leave Constituency to a Lexit Constituent
- For the Many not the Few turned on it’s head as 5 Shadow Front Benchers Resign to support their Conscience and their Constituents – BUT SOME BEASTLY BUGGERS SAT ON THEIR HANDS NOT AGAINST A SECOND REFERENDUM VOTE Shame on THEM & YOU Corbyn !
- ARSE OVER TIT DELAYING BREXIT SHOULD COME AFTER HER OWN DEAL IS REJECTED MAKING A NO DEAL VOTE OBSOLETE -Theresa May to propose delaying Brexit if her own deal and ‘no-deal’ rejected by MPs –
- ACTION JEREMY CORBYN – MAKE LEAVE MP KATE HOEY BREXIT SECRETARY TO REPLACE KEIR STARMER AFTER 12TH DEC COLLAPSE OF MAY’S PLAN B, SAYS THE RADICAL
- MOST HATED IN MAY – “GONE BY JUNE OR ELSE ?” = TORY PROMISES…… AGAIN + STERILE PARLIAMENTARIANS