“My objection to the EU was not that it was run by foreigners,” Johnson
Boris Johnson delivers a speech at JCB’s headquarters in Rocester, Staffordshire | Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
The problem with the EU is ‘we don’t really know who is running it,’ said the former UK foreign secretary.
Updated 3/2/19, 2:15 PM CET
It is not clear who runs the EU or how to “kick those particular bastards out,” said former U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson.
Saying he could not identify the people in charge of the EU’s institutions, or explain what they do, Johnson continued, “I have no idea how to kick those particular bastards out.”
He was quick to clarify: “I’m not saying they are bastards. But millions and millions of people in the U.K. have no idea how the system works. It’s completely cut off to them.”
Johnson said he doesn’t think a second Brexit referendum is possible because the public would be “driven absolutely round the bend by the idea of having to vote on this thing again.”
Johnson said the “Treasury and the whole system” are afraid of a hard Brexit. But unless the U.K. has autonomy over tariffs and regulation, he said, “unless you have the freedom, then stay in. I don’t think the U.K. is going to stay in or that the U.K. should stay in.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- LEAVE LABOUR, THE LABOUR PARTY-BECOME –THE SOCIALIST BREXITEERS -HONOUR THE 2016 REFERENDUM AND GET SUPPORT FROM LEFT WING LEXITS
- Boris Johnson dismisses snap election talk as ‘scare tactic’- THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE – BORIS WANTS TORY MP’S TO BACK BREXITEER’S CAMPAIGN TO OUST MAY AND TAKE CONTROL
- BERCOW EXCEEDED HIS AUTHORITY AND SHOULD BE JAILED
- LEXITEERS BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE – VOTE BREXIT AND WANT CORBYN – BUT BREXIT COMES FIRST CORBYN
- GIVE BORIS A “PARASHUTE” SO HE CAN TAKE A FLYING JUMP
- LABOUR CAUSED BREXITEERS- THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE, TO “GET DONE” BY BORIS – WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THE EU ? – WE BOTH PRODUCE THE SAME GOODS – ONLY BRITISH GROWN FOOD IS REALLY SAFE – WILL BRITONS EVER BE FREE ?- NOT WITH LABOUR & THE TORIES