How did your MP vote in lockdown tiers?
MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT voted on the stricter coronavirus tier system in England today amid the threat of rebellion from Tory backbenchers. But how did your MP vote on the post-lockdown tier system?
MPs across the country today had their say on the new coronavirus tiers which will come into effect at 12.01am on Wednesday, December 2. More than 55 million people will be in the toughest two tiers if plans are approved by MPs. But how did your MP vote in the coronavirus lockdown tiers?
England will begin the new tier system on December 2.
The new tiers were put to a vote in the House of Commons on Tuesday.
The vote passed with 291 votes in support of the tiers against 78 votes against, representing a majority of 213 votes.
The new tier system will see 23 million people enter Tier 3, 32m in Tier 2 and 700,000 in Tier 1.
The Government has a majority in the Commons, meaning there are 85 more Tory MPs than all the other parties together.
Speaking to the House of Commons ahead of the vote, Health Secretary Matt Hancock shared a personal story of loss about his step-grandfather who died on November 19 in Liverpool after catching Covid-19.
Mr Hancock said: “In my family, as in so many others, we’ve lost a loving husband, a father, a grandfather to this awful disease.”
You can find the details of how your MP voted on a range of recent votes here.
You can also find a list of every MP who voted for, against and abstained from voting today here.
A rebellion at the scale needed to defeat the tier system was a near-certain impossibility, especially given those MPs intending to abstain.
The figures from the vote show a sizeable revolt from Tory MPs.
In total there are 364 elected Conservative MPs compared to 200 Labour Party MPs.
Around 56 Tory MPs voted against the Government, making it the biggest Conservative rebellion of this Government.
This surpassed the previous biggest which was 44 Tories voting against the 10pm pubs curfew motion.
There were 16 Labour MPs who defied the whip and voted against the Government.
How did my MP vote? Full list of Tory and Labour rebels after Covid tier system passes 291-78 in Commons
Boris Johnson’s coronavirus tiers plan passed, but suffered a serious rebellion
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- THIS DECISION DENIES THOSE IN TIER 3 WHO ARE NOT AT RISK OF THEIR CIVIL LIBERTIES & THOSE AT RISK THAT HEALTH IS NOT A RIGHT BUT A PRIVILEGE, THE NHS IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE AS HOSPITALS FAIL TO TREAT ALL PATIENTS AS EQUALS AND BOTH ARE ILLEGAL
- HIGHER AND HIGHER IS NEARER TO MY LORD ?
- THE TORY COVID DISASTER PLAN – INCREASED DEATHS = KEEP DIGGING = MORE DEATHS = KEEP DIGGING = MORE DEATHS = TORY INEPTITUDE
- SO WHAT ,MORNING STAR – THAT NUMBER OF PEOPLE CATCH OTHER VIRUSES DAILY AT THIS TIME OF YEAR – THE QUESTION IS WHAT AGE GROUP AND WITH WHAT SEVERITY
- THIS LOCKDOWN PLAN IS KILLING YOU ! – THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE HERE !
- LOCKOUT BORE IS, HANDCOCK AND RISKI – CHANGE DIRECTION FOR THIS VIRUS – LET THE VIRUS TAKE ITS COURSE WITH THE YOUTH AND HEALTHY – PROTECT THE VULNERABLE – LET THE BEER FLOW