Cattle die after eating sky lantern parts hidden in silage
18 December 2013 | By Olivia Midgley
A FARMER has blamed sky lanterns for the death of two cows at his farm in Northamptonshire.
Matt Knight, who farms Aberdeen-Angus cattle near Walgrave, said the animals suffered internal bleeding after eating the wire parts.
Mr Knight believes lanterns had landed in one of the silage fields before being combined, baled and fed to the cattle.
Women’s Food and Farming Union lead on sky lanterns Helen Bower, said the prospect of more of the dangerous products falling in the countryside over the festive and New Year period was frightening.
She said: “After the destruction and pain caused by lanterns in 2013, let’s make 2014 the year they are completely banned.”
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- NO SKY LANTERNS THIS BONFIRE NIGHT -THEY KILL LIVESTOCK & START FIRES
- Farming -Tesco stops Sky Lantern sales-Hang (these sky) Gliders?
- Prevent Diabetes – Drinka Pinta Milk
- Just a Few Farming Facts with No More Couch Potatoes
- DON’T PANIC – IF WE BOYCOTT FOOD STAMPED “FROM EU COUNTRIES” – WE CAN EAT HOME GROWN – I DO – BRITAIN NEEDS AN AGRICULTURAL POLICY FOR BRITAIN
- DEFRA-Corbyn Must Grab the Bull by the Horns