UK reports 14,718 new COVID cases, 7-day total up 4.7%
LONDON (Reuters) – The United Kingdom reported 14,718 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, down from 17,272 cases a day earlier, official data showed.
The total number of cases over the past seven days was 108,306, which was 4.7% higher than in the previous seven-day period.
The country also reported 189 new COVID-19 deaths, down from 231 a day earlier. The seven-day total was down by 7.3%.
Since the start of the pandemic, the United Kingdom has recorded a total of 1.738 million cases of the disease and 61,434 deaths within 28 days of a positive test — the highest death toll in Europe.
Reporting by Estelle Shirbon, editing by Elizabeth Piper
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- THE BORIS TIER SYSTEM IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE -IT CONCENTRATES DEATH INTO EVER DECREASING CENTRES – SUPERMARKETS – THE ALTERNATIVE DOES THE OPPOSITE
- FALSE NEWS ? -WHAT ARE THE AGES OF THE LASTEST CASES AND DEATHS – DETAILS ABOUT WHERE THEY DIED AND WHAT THEIR DEATH CERTIFICATES SAID – HOW MANY OF THESE PEOPLE WERE CONFIRMED CASES AND IF UNCONFIRMED ARE THEY INCLUDED ?
- BORIS – YOUR DEATHS ARE STACKING UP YOU BUFFOON – REAL PEOPLE ARE DYING WHILE BANKERS SPIVS AND SPECULATORS SURVIVE
- DEATH AND DISEASE IN DECEMBER
- WHILE BORIS STUFFS EU SCALLOPS – HIS LOCKDOWN PLANS ARE IN CHAOS AS MORE DEATHS AND MORE DEATHS PILE UP AT HOME
- WE CAN’T ALL PITCH OUR TENT IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD TO ESCAPE INFECTION OR RESPONSIBILITY