- Arsenal have won both of their previous FA Cup finals against Chelsea: 2-0 in 2002 and 2-1 in 2017.
- However, Chelsea have won their other two meetings in major finals, by 2-1 in the 2007 League Cup and 4-1 in last year’s Europa League showpiece.
- Chelsea’s only win in their past nine FA Cup clashes with the Gunners came in the 2009 semi-final.
- Arsenal have reached the FA Cup final a record 21 times and have also won the competition 13 times – more than any other side. They have featured in 15% of all FA Cup finals.
- The Gunners have not lost an FA Cup final at Wembley since a 1-0 defeat by West Ham in 1980.
- Arsenal finished outside the Premier League’s top six this season for the first time in 25 years.
- They’ve failed to score in only one of their past 31 FA Cup matches.
- This is Chelsea’s 14th FA Cup final; only Arsenal (21) and Manchester United (20) have reached more.
- They have lost only one of their past 15 FA Cup matches.
- Since his FA Cup debut in 2013, Olivier Giroud has scored 16 goals in the competition – second only to Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero.
- The Frenchman is aiming to become just the second player to score for and against a specific side (Arsenal) in separate FA Cup finals. Frank Stapleton netted for Arsenal against Manchester United in the 1979 final, and then for the Red Devils in the 1983 final versus Brighton.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- ARSENAL TEAM & MANAGER NEED A DOSE OF REALITY – A FRONT DOOR AND A BACK DOOR AND THE ORDER OF THE BOOT
- EFL (English Football League) FOURTH ROUND MATCHES
- ARSE NIL – ARTETA IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY
- No matter how much you have, money can’t always buy you love – Man City ? – Read or or Register
- Carabao Cup draw in full:
- Premier League 2020/21: Season start date, finish date, new kits