Brexit ‘saves UK’ from colossal EU bailout bill amid fears Brussels will run out of money
BORIS JOHNSON’S decision to push through Brexit has saved the UK from a huge financial bill from the EU, amid fears that Brussels could demand billions of euros from member-states as part of a huge coronavirus bailout.
Boris Johnson avoided an “economic catastrophe” by pushing through Brexit “at the right time,” according to former Brexit Party candidate Mitch Feierstein. The UK could have been subject to Brussels demands to contribute towards a mammoth financial bailout for central banks that have failed during the coronavirus. Speaking to RT, Mr Feierstein warned that the UK should “not pick up any part” of the EU’s massive bailout fund.
He told RT: “This is a sign we got out in time.
“They want to take the European fund to bailout the banks that will fail during this next depression and fault wave that is coming and spend that on coronavirus and getting the economy back on track.
“However they need to have a buffer fund for the banks that will fail and we shouldn’t pic up any that of the tab for that.”
This comes as Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte demanded that the EU make use of its €500billion fund.
Earlier this week, the European Central Bank (ECB) has launched an emergency £700bn package to ease the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
The UK could have been subject to Brussels demands to contribute towards a mammoth financial bailout
Feierstein also urged Prime Minister Johnson not to back down to EU pressure by extending the Brexit deadline
This will see the ECB buy government and company debt across the eurozone, including that of troubled Greece and Italy.
ECB boss Christine Lagarde tweeted “there are no limits” to its commitment to the euro.
Brussels has also relaxed budget rules for the first time and allowed member states to redirect money allocated for other purposes to fight the virus.
However, the EU officials have also stressed that Brussels could run out of money, after admitting there are limits to how much financial support can be made available directly from the EU budget, which is approaching the end of a seven-year cycle.
Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte demanded that the EU make use of its €500billion fund
The EU27 failed to agree to a new budget earlier this year, leaving the current funds drained and at risk.
National governments are exploring ways to make greater use of other central resources such as the European Investment Bank and the euro area’s bailout fund.
Mr Feierstein also urged Prime Minister Johnson not to back down to EU pressure by extending the Brexit deadline beyond the end of this year.
Similar Recent Posts by this Author:
- YOU RESCUE THE BASTARDS FROM THE NAZIS, THEY TREAT YOU LIKE SHIT – SO NOW WE STICK ONE FINGER UP TO THE EU, THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE OTHER ONE- CANCEL ALL EU IMPORTS – WE SAVE ON THE BALANCE OF PAYMENTS DEFICIT
- THE BREXIT DEAL IS A HOLLOW MOCKERY AND DECEITFUL SHAM – BORIS IS A CONGENITAL LIAR AND BREXITEERS HAVE BEEN DUPED BETRAYED CHEATED & STOLEN FROM- BECAUSE IT WAS THE PEOPLE’S MONEY GOVERNMENT STOLE FROM
- WOULD YOU TRUST THIS MAN WITH YOUR HOUSE INSURANCE OR TO WALK YOUR DOG AND REMEMBER HIS WAY HOME ?
- THE PEOPLE VOTED TO LEAVE THE EU – REMAINER MAY CAPITULATED AND A REMAINER MP’S VOTE WILL DECIDE THE OUTCOME ? – THAT IS NOT DEMOCRACY -THAT IS NOT CARRYING OUT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE
- GIVE BORIS A “PARASHUTE” SO HE CAN TAKE A FLYING JUMP
- LEAVE MEANS EXIT – NO CAPITULATION – ITS TREASON AGAINST THE STATE – BORIS HAS NO AUTHORITY TO CONTRADICT THE ELECTORATE – POLITICIANS HAVE NEVER BEEN IMMUNE FROM PEOLE’S JUSTICE